"I Need More Customers"
New customers are the lifeblood of your business.
And attracting them to you is surprisingly simple! Just follow this formula...
The Right Message
+ In Front of the Right Audience
+ At The Right Time
It's simple, but difficult to accomplish.
Let's break it down into digestible parts...
The Right Audience
Win the crowd.
- Proximo (Gladiator)
You might have your message perfectly honed, where it clearly illustrates the distance between where your customer is now and where they want to be. BUT if you put it in front of the wrong audience—it's going to fall flat.
- People who live in an apartment aren't interested in lawn care.
- People over 60 (probably) don't need day care for their kids.
- People making minimum wage aren't looking to invest in real estate.
You need to know who your customer is: what age? What gender? What do they read? Where do they hang out? Where do they get information? And a whole wealth of other data.
Doing this properly takes research—lots and lots of research. In the end you want to know your target audience better than they know themselves.
The Right Time
You couldn't have come at a better time, not if you tried.
- Luka Bloom
OK, so you've got the perfect message and it's in front of the perfect audience.
But is it the right time?
You need to synchronize the message you're presenting to your audience with their location in the buying process.
If you approach your audience when they're not receptive to your message, you run the risk of losing their attention and blowing the deal.
- Someone in the awareness phase is not ready to buy yet. Don't pummel them with hard-sell messages.
- Someone who's ready to buy does not need to be made aware that they need a solution—they already know that!